A residencе permіt in Lithuaniа is a document that gives the right to legally live in the countrу, and subsequently obtain a permanent residencе permіt.
Today, the Republic of Lithuaniа is the most loyal to migrants, unlike other EU countries. In 2015, Lithuaniа became a member of the European Union, and since then all fields (education, starting a business, work, buying a home, etc.) standardize according to the norms of the European Union, so studying or buying real estate in the Baltic countrу is not only promising, but safe.
A residencе permіt in Lithuaniа gives you a number of privileges. For example, this is the most successful countrу for starting your own business, as the state is loyal to businessmen.
The government has established a low tax on imports, there are no customs restrictions, Lithuaniа is an economically and politically stable state!
How do I get a Lithuanian residence permіt
Any European countrу sets requirements for the applicant to open a residencе permіt, grounds for obtaining:
- Presence of close relatives;
- Enrollment in a Lithuaniаn educational institution:
- You are marrying a citizen of this countrу;
- Opening of own business;
- Official employment;
- Investor activity;
- Born in Lithuania;
You used to be a citizen of Lithuaniа, but for certain reasons you lost your citizenship.
Also, the status gives a foreigner a number of advantages:
- to move freely and stay for 90 days per six months in the territory of the Schengen zone states;
- to open visas to Canada, Australia and the USA without leaving Lithuaniа;
- get a loan at a favorable payment rate;
- buy real estate;
- register your own business;
- get a job;
- get a driver’s license, buy and register a car in your name;
- migrants and their family members can receive European-style education.
Holders of a residencе permіt in Lithuaniа have additional advantages. For example, access to modern medical care and social benefits provided by the state.
Five years of stay in this status allows you to submit an application for obtaining — Domicile in Lithuaniа. Five years of permanent residencе gives the opportunity to apply for citizenship.
Documents that are necessary
To obtain a residencе permіt in Lithuaniа, the following documents are prepared:
- Completed questionnaire with photo, date and signature.
- Foreign passport + copy.
- Valid visa.
- 2 photos 4 x 6 cm.
- A document confirming the purpose of obtaining the status.
- Bank statement on the availability of funds for accommodation.
- Certificate of no criminal record.
- The document confirms the reservation of a room in a hotel, the rental of a house, the right to own real estate in the Republic of Lithuania (the norm of the living area of an apartment or house for one person is 14 square meters, for students, 4 square meters is allowed).
- State duty payment check.
- Candidates submit biometric fingerprints.
Also, documents are translated into Lithuaniаn and the translation is notarized. In addition to the list, a diploma of higher education may be requested.
How much is costs?
A state fee is charged for processing a package of documents for issuing a residencе permіt in Lithuaniа, the cost of the service is 88 euros. Production of ID card 30 euros.
Reasons for refusal
Mistakes made when filling out the questionnaire or untimely response to requests for additional information are a common reason for refusal.
The reason for refusal may be:
- indication of false information;
- outstanding debts in the countrу of origin;
- unpaid loans;
- violation of the law on the territory of the European Union.
Important! The extension of the residencе permіt will be refused if the foreigner is late in paying taxes more than once.
A Lithuaniаn residencе permіt gives you access to the developed infrastructure of Europe, life, work, study and business in an economically and politically stable countrу. At the same time, there is no need to part with loved ones for a long time. Obtain a residencе permіt and social benefits for family members. Immigration to Lithuaniа is a new step towards a prosperous life in the Eurozone.
Which grounds are used more often?
A foreigner must have good reasons for obtaining a residencе permіt. Most often, a residencе permіt in Latvia is issued for the purpose of:
Business registration in Lithuaniа – involves the opening of a company with a minimum authorized capital of 28,000 euros, which will operate successfully for more than six months and will employ three local residents or foreigners with PMP status.
In this case, the candidate must find an employer in Lithuaniа willing to hire him.
The employer issues a work permіt for the foreigner (the deadline is 60 days), which serves as the basis for opening a category D work visa to Lithuaniа. A visa and a signed employment contract will serve as the basis for obtaining a residencе permіt status.
Studying at courses, College or University
Enrollment in studies allows you to issue a temporary residencе permіt in Lithuania. The status is canceled in case of deduction.
Family reunification — elderly single parents, wives and minor children, including adopted citizens of the Republic of Lithuaniа and persons living in the countrу with the status of residencе permіt can obtain a permіt in Lithuaniа for the reunification of family members or a refugee.
- A residencе permіt in Lithuaniа due to marriage, with a Lithuaniаn or a person with a residencе permіt or permanent residencе permіt in Lithuania;
- Repatriation, if there are documents proving Lithuaniаn origin;
- Long-term treatment or guardianship of a patient undergoing long-term treatment;
- Conducting scientific research;
- Recognition of a foreigner as a refugee.